Quality financial reporting provides timely, transparent information on financial activities. Strathcona County’s financial reporting includes quarterly management reports, audited financial statements and annual reports. This reporting presents our municipality’s fiscal accountability, and supports strategic planning.
- 2019 Annual report (12.0 MB)
- 2018 Annual report (56.6 MB)
- 2017 Annual report (20.7 MB)
- 2016 Annual report (10.9 MB)
- 2015 Annual report (19.9 MB)
- 2020 Audited financial statements (848.3 KB)
- 2019 Audited financial statements (1.1 MB)
- 2018 Audited financial statements (2.2 MB)
- 2017 Audited financial statements (1.0 MB)
- 2016 Audited financial statements (5.5 MB)
Tri-annual management reports
Commencing July 2020 Strathcona County moved to tri-annual reporting. By switching to tri-annual reporting Strathcona County administration enhanced the efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting process. This change to tri-annual reporting was approved by Council on February 4, 2020 in the Financial Reporting Policy - FIN-001-010. (41.4 KB)
In accordance with policy: FIN-001-010 Financial Reporting, the Strathcona County tri-annual management reports provide the unaudited tri-annual financial statements, the tri-annual operating results compared to the approved budget (otherwise known as the operating variance), a forecast of the annual operating surplus for tax purposes, reporting on goals and initiatives included in the business plan and budget process (when applicable), a review of capital activity, and an assessment of key financial indicators of the County.
Please click on the links below to view the Tri-annual Management Reports:
- T1 2021 Management Report was provided to Council on June 22, 2021 at a Priorities Committee Meeting as a report for information, please see agenda item 8.1.
- T2 2021 Management Report (901.3 KB)
- T1 2020 Management Report was provided to Council on June 23, 2020 at a Council Meeting as a part of the Economic Impacts of COVID-19 presentation by the Chief Financial Officer commencing at 06:08:40.
- T2 2020 Management Report (2.4 MB)
- T3 2020 Management Report (1.5 MB)
For previous years financial reports please visit the Archived Reports webpage.