Township Road 524 and Range Road 213 Upgrades Project
Township Road 524 and Range Road 213 is a rural road upgrade priority. The Township Road 524 and Range Road 213 Upgrades Project is part of Strathcona County’s Sustainable Rural Roads Master Plan. It supports safe, sustainable growth.
This project involves upgrading 2.5 kilometres of Township Road 524 from Highway 630 to Range Road 213, as well as 1.8 kilometres of Range Road 213 from Township Road 524 to Highway 630.
These roadways are currently 7.0 to 7.5 metres wide with steep side slopes. When construction has been completed, these roads will be safer and will have improved traffic flow. Improvements will include:
- An asphalt width of 10 metres (3.5 metre lanes plus 1.5 metre shoulders with improved side slopes) within a 40 metre right-of-way;
- Better sightlines;
- Improved access to subdivisions; and
- Realignment of portions of the road right-of-way
Open House held June 13, 2018
If you were unable to attend the open house, you can view the road design upgrade information below.
Open House Design Material: Open House Material - June 13, 2018 (2.4 MB)
Overall Design Map: Map of TWP RD 524 and RGE RD 213 Design (6.5 MB)
This project is currently in the Design phase.
- 2025: Estimated start to construction (Pending Council budget approvals and regulatory approvals).
- June 2018: Information presented on June 13, 2018 to residents at the Open House.
- May 2018: Notices mailed to residents about the Open House June-13-2018-Open-House-Notice (348.3 KB)
- October 2017: Stantec Consulting Ltd. was selected; design work began.
- September 2017: Request for Proposal was issued to select a consultant.
Transportation Planning and Engineering
Randy Mendoza, P.Eng.
Stantec Consulting Ltd.