Road permits

Road work happening on main road in Sherwood Park.

Applicants must ensure the entire permit is completed in full, otherwise the permit may be rejected.  The applicant must abide by all regulations, restrictions, and conditions of the permit at all times.

Access guidelines

Are you looking to add a second access to your rural property? Approval must be provided by the County first. Learn more about access guidelines. 

Block parties

Planning a neighbourhood block party where you will block the roadway? You'll need a permit for that. Learn more about block parties.

Commercial trucking permits

Will your truck load exceed the posted axle weight? Does your load exceed allowable dimensions? Make sure you are prepared and have the right commercial trucking permits.

Noise permit

After hours parking lot sweeping, road construction, snow removal or miscellaneous events all require a noise permit. You may submit an application for a noise permit.

Right of way construction permit

Are you working on County-owned roads? You will need a Right of Way Construction Activity Permit (ROWCAP). Learn more about right-of-way construction permits.

Road right-of-way Sign installation guidelines

Learn more about right-of-way sign installation within the road right-of-way.

Special roadway event permit

Planning an event that will impact a County road (i.e. parade, race, etc.)? You may submit an application for a special roadway event permit.


Further information:

Related pages

County Connect

Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.

Last updated: Thursday, January 14, 2021
Page ID: 37463