Pitch-In to help Strathcona County shine!
May 15 to 23, 2021
Pitch-In is a volunteer program that helps keep our community clean. Families and individuals are invited to Pitch-in, in their own neighbourhood. Help make Strathcona County beautiful by joining in this national campaign to clean up the environment.
In 2020, more than 450,000 people volunteered across Canada. Thank you to all Strathcona County residents that contributed to that number.
How to get involved:
- Submit a registration form (695.5 KB) to email@example.com
- Use your own garbage bags or register and receive them for free. Contact-less pick-up of bags will be available May 4 to 6 at the Sherwood Park Arena (2015 Oak Street, Sherwood Park).
- We will get back to you to confirm which area you plan to tidy up, and when.
- Please leave all collected bags near the entrance of a park space so that our crew is able to easily identify and pick up the bags.
- Send us a follow up with how many bags were collected and where they were placed (i.e., near a sign or landmark.) This helps our crew plan the pick ups and allows us to record and celebrate your contribution!
Remember to stay safe and help prevent the spread of Covid-19 while outdoors:
- Follow all provincial guidelines in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19, including outdoor gathering restrictions.
- Always keep at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance from others, unless the individuals are from the same household
- Avoid touching communal surfaces and wash or sanitize your hands frequently
- Sharing equipment is not recommended outside of the same household
In 2019, more than 1,550 bags of garbage were collected in Strathcona County, thanks to the 6,123 volunteers. Across Canada, in excess of 821,390 volunteers helped clean more than 29,927 sites.